Lavender Essential Oil Linen Spray:
A few drops of aromatic floral lavender oil can be combined with water in a spray bottle for a mist of bliss anywhere around your home.
Take your favorite brand of lavender essential oil
Fill up any spray bottle with water
Add a few (5-10) drops, depending on the potency you desire
Shake well and begin to spray
This spray is great to freshen-up the scent of linens, curtains or tablecloths. This simple formula is mild and safe to use on most fabrics. As a plus, lavender essential oil has both antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, making it great for preventing mold. Flees from pets are also said to be deterred by lavender. Using this spray on bedsheets before falling asleep can also promote relaxation and a restful night’s sleep.
Lemon Essential Oil Wood Polisher:
Lemon is often employed for cleaning because it is a strong citric acid capable of effectively cleaning surfaces. Lemon essential oil’s natural properties can also be helpful in killing microbes and bacteria. This tangy smelling essential oil also makes a wonderful deodorizer. Add a few concentrated drops to the garbage, or other surfaces to neutralize bad aromas.
Wood Polisher Instructions:
- For varnished wood, add a few drops of lemon essential oil to ½ cup warm water
- Mix well
- Dampen cotton or soft cleaning cloth with mixture and wipe with furniture
Lemon Essential Oil Glass Cleaner Instructions:
- Combine 4 tablespoons of white distilled vinegar in spray bottle
- Add 12 to 20 drops of lemon essential oil (depending on how strong you like your smell)
- Mix together with water in standard size spray bottle (22- to 32- oz.)
- Spray on windows and wipe away with towels as you would any commercial cleaner
- For best results, shake bottle each time before use
Peppermint Essential Oil Bug Spray:
Bugs and insects can be an aggravating problem around the house, especially during summer months. Peppermint essential oil can be used with water or alcohol in a spray bottle as a repellent on the body, as well as around the house. But the best way to be rid of bugs is to apply a few concentrated drops directly to problem areas such as window sills, doorways, wooden ledges and anywhere bugs or insects can enter.
Insects said to be deterred by the powerful smell of peppermint essential oil are: ants, cockroaches, mites, centipedes, earwigs and silverfish. As an added note, it is recommended that using fresh sprigs of peppermint ward-off mice the best.
According to experience-essential-oils.com, the peppermint essential oil can act as a natural insecticide agent, actually disrupting, and in some cases discontinuing, the growth of mosquito larvae.
Instructions for natural bug spray: (Feel free to include other oils like thyme, peppermint, basil, citronella or geranium)
- Fill spray bottle or desired dispenser with water almost to the top
- Use 4 to 5 drops of peppermint oil with a few drops of other suggested essential oils for best repellent results.
- Add 4 tablespoons of grain alcohol for every 5 drops of oil
- Shake well and enjoy this essential oil for home anytime