This simple face mask is made with two of the best ingredients on Earth for your skin. Using a combination of yogurt and honey for one week may help reduce the size of your pores, improve skin’s natural moisture-content and change the overall appearance of your complexion. This requires using raw, pure honey from your local beekeeper or farmer’s market, and yogurt that is chock-full of living cultures and bacteria.
Benefits of Honey:
-Antibacterial benefits can help fight acne-causing bacteria while reducing certain types of infection and aiding in healing.
– Humectant properties make it valuable in retaining moisture underneath skin’s surface for a healthy, hydrated appearance.
– Anti-inflammatory benefits can reduce redness, swelling and puffiness associated with stress or certain skin conditions.
Benefits of Yogurt:
– Bacterial and microbe aspects of yogurt are said to help remove dead skin cells to reveal healthy, rejuvenated ones hiding beneath.
– Lactic acid in yogurt contains natural alpha hydroxy acid which is said to also exfoliate the skin and provide age-fighting benefits.
– Yogurt is vitamin-rich and contains beneficial nutrients that can naturally improve the tone, texture and appearance of the skin, such as zinc, which is known to benefit individuals with pimples or acne.
To prepare your skin, wash your face with warm water and use a gentle exfoliating agent, such as colloidal oatmeal, or brown sugar to open up the pores.
In a small bowl, prepare your yogurt (about 2 tablespoons) and honey (about 1 teaspoon) together and stir. Apply to your face immediately. This should be enough for about one facial mask.
Leave this on for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the mask becomes completely dry. Use this yogurt and honey facial mask once during the evening before you go to bed for one week. Feel free to document your results!